Friday, December 31, 2010

Lets begin again...

My goal was to clean my car tonight. There is a lot of debris that will no doubtedly carry over in my life from 2010 to 2011 but somehow I couldn't face my filthy car being part of it. It didn't happen. Instead I made myself nachos which I am following with the contents of my much-loved, almost-empty box of Candy Cane Joe Joes. Little girls are tucked snugly in their beds, dressed in variations of flannel pajamas, noise machines blasting - hoping to drown out the midnight fireworks. I might run out to the porch to watch them. I might be in my bed. Either way I am delighted to spend another New Years Eve like this - at home, super lame and completely relaxed.

Here's to new things to come - milestones and accomplishments, prayers answered and hopes fulfilled. And here's to the old stuff that still works year after year after year.

Happy New Year.

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

No comments: