Thursday, December 16, 2010

Four

Sophia finally turned four today. We had a lovely snow day regardless of tears due to her postponed party (hers and mine.) I removed the rugs and she did circles with her brand new Princess bike in the living room all afternoon. The emotions I feel over this girl being four are intermingled with exhaustion from pre-birthday prep. I think I was more disappointed then she was over today's change in plans. Tonight she threw her arms around my neck and said "Oh Thank you Mommy...for my new pajamas." Sweet girl, how you continue to blow my mind and rearrange my life...in all the ways I really need it. And with the doll cake chilling (and hopefully miraculously improving) in the fridge, I'm off to bed. Sophia Birthday Four, The Sequel is tomorrow.

1 comment:

kkrop said...

Happy Birthday Sophia! Neen, you have always amazed me at how well you adapt to change, and this is no exception. How'd the cake turn out?