Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh and about that cake...

We are staying in today. Christmas is coming ready or not and I am grateful for no school and no schedule before the celebrations begin. So...the following few posts will be catch up from last week's birthday and other December events...


First...the Princess Cake! I'm probably not going to start a Cake Decorating Blog, but as I slapped the icing on (again) Friday morning, Sophia said, "It's so beautiful Mommy." And the doll hadn't even been stuck in yet...

Apparently there is frosting and there is decorator's icing. I did not know this. And guess which one I used...Yep, my favorite Paula Deen frosting recipe. Very delicious but also very prone to slide off the cake. Someone assured me that it seemed very Disney - the dress evaporating before our eyes. I'm not sure what Disney movie that is but I'll go with it.
See the back? I kept putting more frosting on until the last minute but I wasn't quite fast enough...

Oh a daughter's love. Maybe it should have been Cinderella...after the stepsisters rip her dress to shreds...

This labor of love was well worth the adventure! I loved making it for her. And who really likes to eat that Decorating icing anyways? Tastes like toothpaste...right?

No comments: