Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Stage Mom, Stage Sister

Last night we attended Sophia's Preschool Christmas Program. Sophia and her class sang three prepared numbers, complete with choreography and lots of red Christmas clothes. It was wonderful. Foo struggled. She wanted to be up there. Really bad. I believe the quote was, " I want to sing! Where is the microphone?" So as Sophia is rocking out to "Go Tell it on the Mountain," guess who is sitting on the floor, stage left, practically on the teacher's lap, simulataneously singing the song, doing the motions, mouthing "Smile Bigger Sweetie!" and physically restraining Olivia from climbing onstage? Yes, Stage Mom came out. She's been in there waiting to compensate for every bit part I ever got (pretty much every part I got). And I have to say I am comforted that the stage is not a scary place to either of our children. The bigger the audience the better around here...

No comments: