Wednesday, March 24, 2010

From My Kitchen...with Jess

Jess has been feeding me well for about 8 years. She visited this past weekend and old habits die hard.

The dialogue went something like this:

Nina: Jess, lets talk about dinner. We could go out (Simone style) or grill out (read: burgers)

Jess: Or we could cook something here (read: Jess cooks because Nina still gets paralyzed in her own kitchen.) We could do something easy.

Nina: Jess - You are my guest! You will not cook for me (read: insecurity about what I bring to the table in this friendship)

Jess: Nina, I would love to do it. We can do the cod/shrimp/corn packs on the grill. It will be fun. (read: She is completely sincere)



And Jess, with Sophia's help put together the following meal. It was delicious. And like any other meal grilled in foil packs, it created very little mess - a plus for my dishwasher-free kitchen.

Here's the link to the recipe from EveryDay Food for the "Grilled New England Seafood Bake" - the ingredients are simple favorites: corn on the cob, potatoes, cod, and shrimp. These are the packets before they go on the grill:
Behold, the feast ready to eat - we had bought pre-cooked shrimp this time, so they were warmed separately.


And here's another satisfied customer:

Jess - you inspire me! Last night I made Baked Tilapia!

And I have now officially blogged both about running and cooking.
Excuse me while I go find myself.



1 comment:

the reppard crew said...

NINA! I am LOVING your blog and all of the updates. You are raising the bar QUITE high with all of these accomplishments of yours . . . cooking, running, starting-and-finishing books, goals for summer (eating outdoors), etc. How DO you do it? I am VERY impressed!