But what I finally came down to were these five newly-adopted axioms for my season in life:
1. Find what is life giving for you and do it.
2. Get outside - the parking lot at Target does not count.
3. Love being with your kids
4. You can love being with your kids when they are strapped into a stroller - sometimes its just safer for everyone involved.
5. Achieve something tangible everyday.
Running seemed to fit the criteria quite nicely. Thus we began.Sophia looks very doubtful of this whole operation. I realize the odds are against me here with my fitness track record (no pun intended.) I made a key move though. I enlisted the help of my friend Jessie. Note: Jessie is seventeen. This is significant. She claims to not be able to run much but she also spontaneously signs up for new sports each year and takes all sorts of fitness classes. She is up for anything and I love talking to her which helps I found in the grueling moments. I realize this could be very well a pity move on her part. But I accept it. Look at the name of this running program? My pride left a while ago.
Don't think I haven't noticed that Jessie has a really nice UnderArmor fleece. I really want one. But I will not reward myself with any new work out clothes until I make some significant progress - which for this program probably means running for 3 minutes consecutively...It could be a while...