Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dissonance

My Aunt Pat recommended I read this book a few weeks ago. I finished it in two days (an impressive post-kids record) The jacket blurbs call it "heartbreaking" and "terrifying" and a "must read." And all of that is true. Especially if you love someone who has Alzheimers Disease.


Baba and Foo - August 2009


Recently I read back through this blog and noticed how each post seemed to resolve. I needed to share something in my life that, along with Jazz and Don Miller, I cannot resolve.

re-solve [ri-zolv]
- verb
1. to come to a definite or earnest decision about; to determine
2. to reduce by mental analysis
3.to deal with (a question, a matter of uncertainty, etc.) conclusively
4.to clear away or dispel (doubts, fears, etc.), to answer
5. music: to cause to progress from a dissonance to a consonance

1 comment:

Pat said...

So glad you got a chance to read this book....I couldn't put it down when I read it either. It really puts things in perspective of what might be going on inside the mind of a person with Alzheimers. Everyone in our family should read it....