Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Foo Turned Two - So We Went to the Zoo...!

Olivia turned two today. I have to hedge that with:" And I hope you voted." Having a November 3rd baby means that her birthday and elections will always be intertwined . She was born the day before the presidential elections. I remember my doctor standing over me with a scalpel and asking "Did you vote absentee?" I did. But what if I hadn't? Regardless...it has been my joy to watch this sweet Baby Sister grow these past two years. If you track her personal development by the changes in her hair: she's come a long way, but she's always had a lot going for her:) Opening presents this morning.
First Birthday last year

Celebrating in her Duck Class today.


We decided to mark the event by taking Olivia to the zoo for the first time. She loves animals and had been talking all week about seeing the giraffes and elephants. We had some Celebrity Guests meet us there. Above she is walking with Buelo.

Grandma and Grandpa playing with Sophia - who was a great sport about it not being her birthday. She did much better than I ever did.

Check out that elephant!


Sophia is impressed.

We were thrilled to have Kristyn, Addy and Jackson make the trek to Norfolk with us!
We went to the park next door for cake and presents and the viewing of Olivia Movie 2 (Travis makes a slideshow each year for the girls)
Party Guests
My Mom makes this strawberry frosting from a Paula Deen recipe - six sticks of butter and lots of goodness. It is amazing. I am on my way to eat another cupcake right now.
I think birthdays this young can be tricky. But today we may have gotten it right - not too little, not too much: a lot of love, some giraffes, some swings, and cake. I think she understood this year too which makes it so fun. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl. We are so very grateful for you.

2 comments:

Leila said...

Happy birthday to Olivia! I can't believe 2 years ago we were decorating her nursery...time sure does fly!

Ruthie said...

I respect Foo's aloof and too-cool attitude. It's the type of little sister I fancied myself but never quite pulled off.