Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On Friends...

Had you been in our house last Monday you would have seen a small blonde child standing, nose pressed against the glass on the front door. You would have heard the following exchange with our neighbor, five year old Darius, who was standing outside, across the street, on his front porch.

"DARIUS! I can't come outside. I AM SORRRRRRRRYYYYYYY! I am having a CONSEQUENCE! Yeah...I RAN AWAY SO I HAVE A CONSEQUENCE OF NO PLAYING OUTSIDE. No. I can't play with you. No. Stop asking. I can't. OH I WISH I COULD. What are you doing? OH. OH. I WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU. I just have this consequence. I RAN OUTSIDE WITHOUT A GROWN UP SO I CAN'T PLAY WITH ANY FRIENDS. Oh I miss my friends. I miss them. I never get to play with them. I haven't played with a friend all day. What am I going to do? I have this consequence..."

(Had you still been in our house (strange) you would have then seen a small blondish/brunette child look up from her playing, plainly comment, "Sia's yelling," and return to her activity.)

The child loves her friends. She is desperate to be with them. Here are two more shots of her social world...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis much? :)

Margeaux said...

Can I just say I love this girl! She is spunky and sweet and full of joy :) So Young and yet So Fabulous!