Monday, November 1, 2010

Here..we...gooooooooo!

I am currently carving the fudge/caramel off of a candy apple cursing myself for actually throwing Sophia's candy away today. I had taken a Grand Parental Stance when her attitude and my sanity had deteriorated beyond recognition. We are bloated, pale, and can barely see through our bloodshot eyes but what I would give for a bite size Milky Way right now to nurse this Halloween Hangover.

We didn't Trick or Treat growing up. Yes, we went to Harvest Parties and dressed as missionaries and Bible Characters and the occasional hippie. Then when my brother Peter was growing up my parents repealed their ban (about the same time they stopped believing in spanking) so one year I went out with him, relishing the rebellion of it all...trick or treating over-age. I think I was a Mime that year. Oh Christian Subculture, how I could not shake you...

We had a great time trick or treating last night...pictures to come. But today I'm considering a religious ban for next year - in response to the the very unholy space our home/car/the public library became today...Here 3 year old child: have a pumpkin full of candy but only eat 4 pieces tonight, and tomorrow you get one, and then one a day until its gone...HAHAHAHA.

And then as I stood in Target today buying 50% off costumes as dress up clothes for Christmas presents (a rare moment of savvy shopper-ness), I heard "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" over the loudspeaker and went into fetal position. You see, the space between the end of October and the end of December is rather busy in our family, due not only to the major holidays but also due to two MAJOR birthdays. My brain has this sticky note permanently sketched in it:

1. Halloween
2. Olivia's Birthday
3. Thanksgiving
4. Sophia's Birthday
5. Christmas
6. Loss of Consciousness

Hearing Carols in Target and seeing that Starbucks will be selling the Peppermint Mocha starting tomorrow makes me feel like I am already incredibly behind...And I guess that's their goal. In light of all that...this blog post speeds up some great events that I'm sure I could overshare much about individually. Oh well, enjoy the montage. I have other things to worry about like where to find Diego plates and napkins. The party store was closed today. The sign claimed they were "Cleaning Up For Halloween" But we all know the truth. They were stocking Christmas for tomorrow: Election Day/Official Start to Over-Commercialized Holiday Madness. Hey, at least we get some extra weeks of the Ginger Bread Latte out of it...


Homecoming 2010





Class of 2007 - I would have no friends without you - and the Bradshaws...

Trav and I pumpkin carving. Check out my expression. Crafts and living things have never been my strong point...





Family Pumpkin Patch Day at College Run Farms!







Sophia is holding up the pumpkins Elmo picked out.










I loved this farm! This really cute couple who went to VA Tech together started it a few years ago and it was very idyllic and inspirational. As we sat there eating our pumpkin ice cream, Trav and I really considered starting a farm. Then we remembered what our yard looked like.








Sweet Foo. Are you really about to turn two? Whenever you ask her any birthday-related question she responds with: "We're going to eat cake!"









We had a fabulous night in downtown Norfolk celebrating Erin's birthday. As always, way too short...We shut the place down. And when I say that I'm not just saying the waitress was glaring at us from the kitchen, which she was, but that the Valet came to our table with our keys and said: "Here. I'm going home." Yet, it was far too short because I have spent the rest of this week remembering all the things I had wanted to discuss with her...Maybe we just need to take a road trip to Texas again..

Sophia's Costume Parade at school!


And the real Snow White was even there!














2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Are you sure you threw away all that extra candy? This post has a sugar-high feel to it. Love all the commentary, pictures and wonky formatting. But you're killing me with the '07 pics! Ah! haha

jess said...

what was Olivia for Halloween?