Friday, November 5, 2010

Crazy Love

Yesterday I spent two hours at the doctor with a small child who cried - the entire time. Crying, I can generally handle. Small enclosed rooms - usually not a problem. Crying in the small room can get hard and increasingly sad. Almost as sad as her sister when we forgot to bring her a lollipop from the doctor. And almost as sad as the look on my face when her sister had a melt down in the bookstore in disappointment over not having a doctor's appointment today.

Again, meltdowns I've learned to handle, meltdowns in public - just part of life, but public meltdowns in which my child is screaming " TAKE ME TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!! WHY WON'T YOU TAKE ME?!" This was new territory. A new level of craziness.




And then this evening, as we got back in the car at the park. I was greeted by the sound of my CD player grinding away, eating the precious 8 CD's I have not heard in 3 months. It was a fateful day when a small child inserted coins into the slot thus rendering us to be 24/7 Positive Encouraging KLove radio Listeners. And sure enough, the radio comes on, above the sound of the grinding and I hear the Positive Encouraging Radio Spot reminding us about the importance of having an orderly home - and that the burden should not fall soley on the mother. And our quest for this orderly lifestyle will be made easier if we visit this website, and so on and so forth...(Grind Grind Grind of broken CD player)
And I just started laughing. Not bitterly. Quite joyfully. Because my life is so ridiculous somedays. Because I am so one step away from a Christian Radio Intervention. Because even as I was laughing O was yelling at S because S had taken off her shoes and socks and put O's mittens on her toes. Because I really think I was sitting on a juice box the whole drive home.
I promise you. Right now. My house is orderly. It is completely picked up. It is quiet. There is a candle burning. Sometimes I stay up really late just to be alone in a quiet, clean house and to pretend I really live there. My house is only this way from about 10:30 pm - 6:30 am. What happens the other hours is often pandemonium. And maybe I am at fault for not promoting an orderly lifestyle. Or maybe orderly can mean that you have the right things in order. Or maybe I just need to stick to the music on P.E. KLOVE and enjoy CD Grinding during the promos. I might just be that far gone...

2 comments:

jess said...

oh my gosh that picture progression is amazing...

Megan said...

I love the hours where all the toys are cleaned up and the candle is burning. I NEED those hours to be sane