Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Coming Back

I usually blog at night. Lately nights have been spent cuddling up with this old friend: I think I have coughed every six seconds for the past six days. This has led to weight loss and very sore ribs. I, of course became convinced I had tuberculosis. Bronchitis? Not quite as dramatic but less of a public stigma I suppose. Regardless, we are making a comeback - thanks to the antibiotics that three of the four members of the family are on.

Today we colored, read, played grocery store...and painted!
Well Sophia painted. Olivia attempted to eat the paint off of her paintbrush and did successfully drink all of her paint water. Non-toxic is a term held dear to my heart...
And in bigger news: Yesterday we welcomed Finn Luke Adams to this crazy world! Finn is my college friend Jordan's THIRD child. Jordan has always been the trailblazer - first to get married, first to have a baby, first to have number two and now number three. And let me tell you about Jordan. She is AMAZING. She did things eight months pregnant that I didn't have the physical capability to do in college. She is incredibly relaxed. When Sophia was in the throes of the Terrible Twos and Matt and Jordan were here for law school, I would just stroll Sophia over there and Jordan would embrace us both and soothe our souls.


And the words written to our group of college roomates from the woman hours past labor and delivery going home to two more children:
"...Oh and i can't wait for all of you to be moms. It is the best thing in the world!"
Jordan - I need some of you in my life every day. You are an inspiration and example to me. May you one day sleep through the night...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that every photo involves one or the other of your girls being pantless! Grace is usually only wearing a diaper by bath time. The pants come off when she blows out a diaper, the onesie comes off when it gets coated in sweet potato, avocado, etc. And, alas, we're left with a nearly-naked baby. Guess our girls are ready to be friends!

Unknown said...

p.s. Hope you make a full recovery soon!