Friday, April 23, 2010

All Town Throw Down

We went down to the farm this evening for the annual Student Ministries "All Town Throw Down" Sophia and Olivia roasted roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and ate caramel apples. Foo jumped up and down squealing when she saw the basket of chips. This concerns me.
Foo's first marshmallow - something tells me it won't be her last.

Quite a bonfire...


Sophia loved the "campfire" as it reminded her of Curious George Goes Camping.

Check out Foo's face and then the fact that she looks like she's headed out for some vandalism. The embarassing truth is over the week we have used every tissue box in the house and as is my habit I then move on to rolls of toilet paper. Cheaper, easier to carry.

Here I am with two of my small group girls Tara and Maggie.

Ali and Christina dressing for the theme. Love it.

Group shot of Lex and I with seven of our small group girls. Acceptances have been made and decisions mailed and they are all college bound in August. Is it weird that I am jealous in some ways? Its funny how memories work. I remember none of the stress of that time of my life - only the good times, the parties and the feeling that everything was before me.
As for Sophia, when Gail asked her last summer, as they walked through W&M, what college she would like to go to, Sophia at two and half answered "I am not going to college. I am going to get married. "

Where did she get that from? This only confirms my great fear of the Disney Princess Movement. I must start censoring her reading.





No comments: