Thursday, June 3, 2010

1981

Right now there are exactly 52 minutes left to my birthday and I am savoring each minute. I've always loved this day, even as I have gotten older and my means (and demands) of celebration have changed. This was not a BIG ONE but its the one before the next BIG ONE and thus I am contemplative
and incredibly grateful.

I contemplated as I got my birthday pedicure (upgraded to spa pedicure of course) and read my book (as good as it gets for me), as I watched my girls play in the water park, as I rocked them to sleep and as we had some good times on the porch with some good take out dinner. My mom still brings me a cake and balloons even though she was the one in c-section recovery all those years ago and Travis even met me at Water Country in suit pants to buy me lunch (there's nothing like standing in line for lunch with wet people in bathing suits).
It was a really good day. Life is a gift and if Oprah's right and 50 is the new 30 - Inside, I'm still barely 10...

1 comment:

Katie Shields said...

Happy Birthday Nina!