Thursday, May 27, 2010

More MV: Menemsha and Miscellaneous

Menemsha (which we still cannot pronounce like the locals) is a small fishing village up-island, famous for its sunsets and lobster rolls. We snuck away for a lunch without the girls to see what everyone was talking about.
We floundered like the tourists we pretend not to be for about 40 minutes into this excursion realizing that lobster roll shacks only take cash, and atms close at two. Oh the laid-back island life...Once we obtained the legendary rolls and clam chowder we understood what everyone was talking about. I still think about this meal sometimes...

I liked this sign - it was so positive. What a great way to say - No Cars Allowed!


Alley's is another famous island spot. It's like step back in time. They sell everything you didn't even know you needed and there are rocking chairs on the front porch and community posting boards.

Back at the cottage...I didn't fight the pajama battle much over the week. She was on vacation too. (Today I definitely put my foot down - no winter fleece Dora pajamas when it is 97 degrees outside. I told her that she would overheat and have to go to the hospital and take a bath in ice cubes. Probably not good parenting but this morning did not contain many shining moments for me. I know I'm not winning the Mom Award when my child says "Please no more TV Mommy...")









No comments: