Sunday, October 24, 2010

Significant Birthdays

And in the most exciting news of the week...two of our favorite families have joyfully expanded!

Hatch and Shannon welcomed Anna Kathryn last Monday. Baby Anna joins eagerly waiting twin brothers Hudson and William. I first spent quality time with H and S many moons ago in a Nicaragua orphanage. Our paths have crossed and entangled many ways since then - my favorite connection possibly being the one we have over a certain Chevrolet Caprice Classic (LT model, Travis will always add.) That is all from another time, for another post, but I must say nothing seems more right and beautiful to me than seeing Shannon's arms full of her babies.


Then on Thursday, Dave, Megan, and Big Brother Noah welcomed Micah Jeffrey! We have much history with the Rathbones as well, including the lovely detail that Dave and I lived in the same college slum, umm , garage, umm, apartment (?) a year apart. And we live parallel child-birthing lives two years apart, with different genders. When I visited on Saturday I even realized Megan was in the same hospital room as I had been in with Olivia almost exactly two years ago. I was thrilled to get a peek at this perfectly adorable little guy in the nursery before I was kicked out upon failing to convince the staff that I was the grandmother. I'm so excited they all got to go home as a family today!


Congratulations friends! May you get as much sleep as possible. And if not possible, as a consolation, may you have many wonderful casseroles delivered to your homes - our favorite part of baby recovery over here!)

1 comment:

the reppard crew said...

love y'all . . . thanks so much for celebrating with us!