Saturday, October 23, 2010

Field Trip #1: Pumpkin Patch

Sophia's first field trip of her academic life (not counting the ones initiated by her mother to neighborhood construction sites) cost $3.50, and yes, following Strickland Family Private School Small Fee Tradition...I wrote a check. And I went. And so did Buela. And so did Foo. Holly Fork Pumpkin Patch was wonderful...no creepy plastic witches and no placards of Bart Simpson(sorry Pumpkinville).
Just lots of chickens, a few pigs...

And a rooster Olivia was determined to pet.


And since it was a Pumpkin Patch...there were hula hoops.

And lots and lots of pumpkins!



Class Picture ( I really need more skill or a better camera or both)


They asked us to dress the children in their school shirts. I am such a rule follower- when I remember. But most people didn't - and now I wish I'd put her in something more festive , you know, for the pictures...
It was a beautiful morning and a fine start on the journey of many field trips...And I feel like I get to do it all over again - without the dress code.

No comments: