Sunday, August 22, 2010

Scott and Morgan are Married!

Scott and Morgan were married last night at The Whalehead Club in Corolla, NC. It was a magnificent celebration... But first, a rewind...once upon a time, on a cold winter day in January I met Morgan for the first time. She was coming through Atlanta with Jess en route back to school at Auburn. Sophia was 2 weeks old and I had been wearing a velor J-Lo suit for about that same amount of time. I was barely cognisant enough to shove Sophia into Morgan's arms and say "Here hold her! We're taking pictures of all her visitors."

Morgan complied and this is one of the few pictures we have of those weeks. (We did not have many visitors.) I never would have known how our lives would intersect again years later...Morgan is one of the sweetest, strongest and most truly lovely women I know. It has been sheer delight to watch her love story with Scott unfold - and this picture serves as such a reminder of how life works: unexpectedly! (So when you have surprise guests, get dressed and put on a little mascara - you may be reading Scripture at their wedding one day)


The setting could not have been more perfect. The Whalehead Club is a historic home and grounds facing the Currituck Sound.


The aisle - I loved her colors!

I'm kind of glad I got half of Grandpa in this picture. That's my style of photography, very real, very raw. Morgan wore her mother's veil -gorgeous!
Besides the many perfect details of this wedding, there some other fabulous elements involved such as...a bridal party beach house that made me feel very old...


a very fun rehearsal dinner with the most hysterical wedding slideshow I have seen...and...



(Praise the Lord) there was Karaoke!!!!




Student Ministries Staff (present and former). My shoes really hurt and I thought this picture was going to be closer up...I would also like to mention here that this was the 19th wedding that Mrs. Jessica Jiao Smith and I have attended together. 19. In nine years. I'm not a stats person but that one is pretty mind-blowing.

Scripture Readers! Way to rock that OT passage Becca.
And there was lots and lots and lots of dancing...



It was such a night of goodness - of joy and hope and laughter.
Here's to your new beginning Scott and Morgan - Thanks for sharing your day with us!


No comments: