Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This Morning




2:00am: Up with Olivia
6:15am: Up with Olivia, try desperately to convince her its still night-time, give up at 6:45
6:58: Sophia wakes up, dress and feed Sophia a snack
7:15: Feed Olivia
7:30: Dress Olivia
7:30-8:00: Explain to Sophia that we can't go anywhere yet, nothing is open.
8:00: Call Doctor because it looks like Olivia has Pink Eye
8:15: Put Olivia down for nap
8:30: Dress Sophia
8:40: Go outside with Sophia
8:45: Get appointment with Doctor for Olivia
9:00: Still blowing bubbles outside with Sophia, get a prescription for myself called in by my doctor
9:15: Make Breakfast for Sophia
9:30: Clean up kitchen
9:45: Check on Travis who is sick with Nicaraguan Fever
10:00 Olivia wakes up, change and feed Olivia
10:15: Sophia looks at me and asks, shocked and somewhat disgusted: "Mommy - Why are you still in your pajamas?"

...And the Lesson of the Day:  Your child can have a pink eye without it being Pink Eye.

4 comments:

EmmaLouLiz said...

wow I hope I can handle situations like this as well as you do...

LindseyStrickland said...

Thank you for confirming I'm not ready for #2 (or 3 & 4 - you never know with those fertility drugs).

Erin said...

Nina, way to go. And thanks for yet another reason to let me know I am too selfish to maybe ever have children. You are a wonderful person. Also, oh Nina, that haircut... I know a host of former high school girls that also give free haircuts. Unfortunately theirs typically result in tears. Poor Trav. Send him my well-wishings in the midst of the Nicaraguan fever. It seems like the poor guy would have built up immunity by now.

Megan said...

You're hilarious! I can't wait to live near you...2 weeks!