Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You Know You are Growing up in Colonial Williamsburg When..



You think every animal is a sheep...

We have a Groundhog "burrowing" in our backyard. I saw it outside my window today and quickly yelled for Sophia to to come look. I had no idea what it was. Obviously I thought it was a large rodent, perhaps a ROUS, maybe a gopher? Sophia suggested a sheep, but definitely not a turtle. We were quite a pair and the mystery ended of course with a trip to the library where I attempted to find an animal encyclopedia in which we could identify our new neighbor. All these books were checked out of course. Then the kind Librarian decided to google "Groundhog" for us and see if the picture looked right. It did. Thank you google. Making all scientific processes obsolete.


1 comment:

Ruthie said...

That second pic looks like Bobito to me. Or as Sophia says, "Sometimes I call him BUB-BIT-O". I do too, Sophia Badanes.