Monday, August 24, 2009

Conversations I Never Thought I'd Have...

"Sophia, look around the Fest House right now.  Is anyone else naked?"

"But why Mommy? Why is no one naked?"

"Because this is a public places. Public places are places other than our house where other people are. The rule is that you cannot be naked in public places."

"Who says that? Who says that rule?"

"The Policeman."

"Where? Where is the policeman who made that rule?"

... I glanced again around Das Fest Hous and realized the power of social control. There really was no one here telling us to keep our clothes on.  Yet, with the exception of my daughter, the masses were complying. And I am grateful. We have seen the alternative. It's called Water Country USA and we try to stick to the kiddie pools.

5 comments:

EmmaLouLiz said...

always hilarious

Megan said...

once again I am about to pee in my pants...please post her convo with Trav about the bookstore

Erin said...

Tell Sophia Erin says it's OK to be naked and to go for it, especially in das fest haus.... everyone is watching the German dancers anyway.

mallory said...

you win the funniest blogger ever award!

PJH said...

This is great!