Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nobody Puts Foo in a Corner

Olivia's English fluency has arrived. All of a sudden sentences started flowing. I am convinced I was still in c-section recovery when Sophia began speaking, so Olivia's process has been completely different and exciting to watch unfold.

This is our dialogue every morning:

I get up. I watch Diego.
"Would you like to eat something?" (Me)
I DON'T.
I want tutu. I dance. Sia dance. Mommy dance.

And so since Sophia takes orders from no one, especially not her little sister, and I really want to encourage and reward verbal skills, Sophia sits out and I squeeze her tutu up to right under my knees and Foo and I dance around the living room to the sweet background noise of Diego.

Isn't that what you are doing at 7am?

2 comments:

thingsimusthaveoriwilldie said...

Olivia! I am so proud of you!!

Stephanie Puffenbarger said...

LOVE IT. oh what you do for your children!