Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good Times Ahead!



Oh the comfort I take in  my oldest friends... I call this category of friend "Those Who Knew Me the First Time I had Bangs...and Loved Me Anyways..." (Yes, Daniel, due to your mocking and comments about the McDonalds arches, you are omitted) Even as Mariah is so far away in South Africa she brings such joy - yes, through a forwarded g-chat. Note the following exchange between Mariah and Erin this week:

Mariah : Can you imagine knowing each other at 75 or 80? That is going to be hilarious. If we outlive our husbands and our children won't take us, let's promise to live in a house at the beach - just the three of us. Just like it was in the beginning. 

Erin: I think this is a grand idea! Yes, please! We can take care of each other!

Mariah: That gives me something to look forward to!

Erin: Me too!

Mariah: It's a deal. We have to tell Nina. She doesn't have a choice.

Erin: Sounds good. I might have dementia. She might have Alzheimer's.

Mariah: That's okay. I'll probably have cancer.

Erin: The only sane one. Ha.

Mariah: Well, I don't know about sane. But certainly a good time...How was your day today?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Nina. Those bangs in the days of yore... I stand beside you and your quest to imitate DJ Danner's hair-do. I have a distinct memory of the 5th grade bathroom at lunch, each of us with purses and mini-bottles of hairspray working diligently to affix said bangs DJ tanner style. No shame.

Also, today I look forward to our retirement and living at the north end together... and then there were three.